Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fancy Summer Bites Series: Spicy Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad with Homemade White Balasmic Dressing





Hey there!

It's my second installment for my Fancy Summer Bites Series and summer is just kicking off!  I'm not sure about how the weather has been for you, but its just starting to warm up in Connecticut.

Today was rare, I was able to leave work a bit earlier, so I decided, hey why don't you cook something.  I knew that I had some shrimp that needed to be cooked, but I wanted something light.  Thus came the idea for this beauty pictured above. 

Man, I swear I love the way my brain works sometimes.  Whelp, I'll keep it short and sweet this evening, but turn in for my Restaurant Review of Ruth's Chris!  I'm sure you are dying to hear what I thought.

Let's jump in.

Spicy Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad with Homemade Dressing:

1 pound of medium shrimp
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1 rip avocado
1 small red onion
6 boiled eggs
1 container grape tomatoes
Container mixed greens (spring mix)
Feta Cheese

1.  Clean shrimp and season with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion and olive oil (I
     used hot sesame seed oil)
2.  Spray griddle pan lightly with nonstick pan and grill shrimp.
3.  Take the rest of the veggies and chop to add to the salad.
4.  Top with dressing.

For Dressing:

1.  Add White Balsamic, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano and spicy mustard.  All ingredients are
     to taste.  ( I used a spicy honey mustard).

Try out and leave it here!  I want to hear from you guys! 

**Are you following me on Instagram @Southerncrumbs412?  If not make sure you add me today.  I post tons of pictures that I don't blog about and answer users questions about recipes to help spice up there evening meals.  See you there!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment