Sunday, March 30, 2014

Soulful Sundays: Fried Catfish, Cajun Slaw, Garlic Parm Roasted Potatoes with Cherry Pepper Aioli and Sweet Corn Bread










Hello all!  I usually have more pictures.  You have to forgive me this time.  Today was a crazy crazy day, but I wanted to make sure I posted something and I was especially excited about this post because I had planned the meal all week. 

I wanted a play on the traditional southern "fish fry."  In my house, we used to eat fried fish every Friday.  We'd eat it mainly with some homefries and a side salad.  So me being me, I decided to do a more "fancy" verison of this Friday classic....on Sunday lol.  Shoot out to my good gal pal Raquel who was my guest of honor on this lovely Sunday evening!

Let's get into this recipe.

Fried Catfish:

4 pieces catfish
White cornmeal
Seafood Magic
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Vegetable Oil

Pour vegetable in a pan and let it heat.  Season fish with all the seasonings above and then toss in cornmeal.  Place the fish in the plan and cook until the fish is browned.  You should be able to flip your fish easily without it falling apart, that's how you know it's ready to be turned.

Cajun Slaw:

Half bag of Cole Slaw mix
Half bag of purple cabbage
Red Pepper
Yellow Pepper
Red Onion
Mayo
Apple Cider Vinegar
Cajun Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Black Pepper
Sugar
Milk

Combine all the above ingredients together in a bowl and use the seasonings to taste.  Ensure after you combine the ingredients that you chill.

Garlic Parm Potatoes

3 russet potatoes
Minced garlic
Grated parmersan
Seasoning salt
Onion powder
Black Pepper
Olive Oil
Non Stick stray

Rinse the potatoes and cut into wedges.  In a bowl mix potatoes with garlic, cheese, and all seasonings and drizzle a bit of olive oil over it.  Mix well.  Preheat oven to 375 and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick stray.  Put the potatoes on the sheet and bake until cooked through and browned on both sides.

Sweet Cornbread

2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
vanilla extract
sugar
2 egges
milk

In a bowl mix all ingredients and unsure you put enough milk that the mixture isn't too thick.  Spray glass pan with nonstick stray.  Bake at 375 until the cornbread is browned.

You already know the deal, you need a more precise recipe drop me a line and I will be sure to help out!

Stay tuned in for Sunday dinner dessert ... Amaretto Peach Cobbler!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment