Monday, March 31, 2014

Sweet Ending Sundays: Amaretto Peach Cobbler

 


This is rare I must admit.  I'm not a big dessert person, but I thought hey, what would I teach my reader about stepping out their comfort zone if I don't step outside of mine.

Following off my bread pudding from last week, I thought I'd take a crack at one of my favorite desserts, peach cobbler.  Now of course, it wouldn't be a challenge unless I tried to do a little something different.  So I decided to add some amaretto to the recipe and it was a hit (ask Ms. Raquel).  However, what I must admit is this recipe is a bit "cakey" something that I'd prefer for my peach cobbler not to be.

So you know what that means...more recipes to try out, but don't be confused this recipe is a great one worth sharing.  And here it is:



1/4 cup amaretto
2 cups sliced peaches (I used 1 1/2 large cans, liquid discarded)
1 cup milk
2 cups sugar
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
almond extract
vanilla extract
cinnamon
nutmeg

In a pot put peaches, 1 cups sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and the amaretto.  At the same time put the butter in a glass pan and in the oven at 375 and let it melt.  While the butter is melting, mix flour, milk and sugar with a bit of almond extract.  Mix slowly to avoid lumps.  After the butter is melted, pour the flour mixture over the melted butter.  Do not mix.  Then spoon fruit over the flour mixture and put in the oven.  The batter will rise to the top while cooking.  Cook until browned.  Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Any questions or comments leave one and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment