Saturday, April 12, 2014

Late Post: Pear, Arugula & Endive Salad w/Spicy Caramelized Walnuts & Goat Cheese



Hello all!  I posted this picture last week to my Instagram account Southerncrumbs412, with the promise I would post the recipe for it later on.  And as PROMISED here I am about to give you want I know it is you want!

This is a rather short post, but I have TONS of new meals planned this week and I'm super excited about it.  As usual you will see my Soulful Sunday post, but I do plan to post quite a few other items so make sure you follow me on Instagram and check back.

With that said let's jump in.

Pear, Arugula & Endive Salad w/Spicy Caramelized Walnuts & Goat Cheese:

- 1 bag of Arugula
-2 rip pears
-2 endive
-1 container of goat cheese
-1/2 cup walnuts
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of cayenne
1 teaspoon olive oil (original recipe called for walnut oil, but I couldn't find it and it was fine)

Place arugula in bowl.  Separate the leaves of the endive wash and chop; put it in the bowl with the arugula.  In a sauce pan, heat oil and put walnuts in the pan with the brown sugar.  Cook on low to medium heat until the brown sugar completely coats the nuts.  Season with salt and cayenne.  Once done, put to the side and cool.  I then took the mixture and chopped more finely. When plating put a handful of the arugula and endive then place a bit of goat cheese on top of that.  After put a bit of the caramelized walnuts on top and slice pears.  Drizzle a bit of salad dressing on the top of your choice.  I would use a variant of balsamic for this, I can't remember however at the moment the exact one that I used.

And as always if you have any questions leave it here.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment