Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sweet Ending Saturday: Bailey's Irish Cream Brownie



Before I even get into the post I'd just like to SCREAM HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!  This woman is absolutely amazing, and I just had to give her a shout out.

But let's talk about how parent's are crazy lol.  What started off as a intimate dinner, turned into a full on dinner party.  Rest assure, I rose to the occasion though.  What I'm going to do for this week, is slowly release the menu daily till we get to the end, STARTING WITH DESSERT!

So first up is going to be the Bailey's Irish Cream Brownie, served with vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and mint as a garnish.  I was inspired by a recipe that I stumbled across on Pinterest and I for the most part stayed true to the recipe, however I added a little more Bailey's and some vanilla extract to the cream cheese filling. (http://saorganics.com/baileys-irish-cream-brownies/)

This post is short, but trust me you will get more Southerncrumbs this week, so here it goes:

Bailey's Irish Cream Brownie:

Brownie batter
1 cup butter
semi sweet chocolate (couldn't find unsweetened but it came out just fine)
2 cups sugar

4 large eggs
1 & 1/2 cups all
purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream Cheese Filling:
16 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur (I used way more let's say like 1/4 cup of Bailey's)

For the brownies:

 Place the butter and chocolate into a medium saucepan and melt gently over low heat while stirring frequently. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy (this took about 3-4 minutes with my mixer). Sift the flour and salt together; add to the sugar mixture in three half-cup increments. Add in the chocolate mixture by folding it into the sugar mixture.

For the cream cheese filling:

In another medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat until creamy. Continue to beat while adding the egg and liqueur.

To assemble the brownies:

Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan. Spread all of the cream cheese layer over the brownie layer. Pour the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer and using an offset spatula, smooth the batter. Bake for 40 minutes.

Serve warm with ice cream.

Enjoy folks! And as usual, if you have any questions or comments, leave me one!

No comments:

Post a Comment