Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fancy Summer Bites: Red Curry, Coconut & Ginger Infused Clams

 

 
 
Well hello there!  It's been quite awhile since I've posted anything, but rest assure, I am BACK an I have a TON of new material for you guys. 

The weather is warm, the sun is shining the birds are chirpings, and us New Englanders know all to well how brutal the winters can be here, so when the warm weather is here we are ready to get up and get OUT!

I don't know about anyone else, but during the summer, I'm looking for light fare, seafood, salads, fruits, FRESH ANYTHING!  Those heavy winter meals are left behind.  And I've got to admit after a while I'm over the normal hamburgers, hotdogs and the bbq chicken.  SOOOOO...I decided to put together a Summer Series.  Just because its summer doesn't mean you can't achieve gourmet dishes, quickly and more importantly DELICIOUSLY!

Today I was in the mood for CLAMS!



 
Red Curry, Coconut & Ginger Infused Clams 
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 3 teaspoons red curry paste
  • 3 teaspoons fish sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 2 pounds of Littleneck Clams
  • 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar 
 
 
  1. Melt the butter in a wok over medium heat.
  2. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
  3. Add in the red curry paste and the fish sauce.
  4. Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk into the pot. Stir the broth mixture for a couple seconds until well mixed.
  5. Add the clams and cooked covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams have opened. Discard any clams that are still closed (Very important step.  If the claim doesn't open that means it was dead before cooking and shouldn't be consumed).
  6. Top off with cilantro and stir.
 
If this wasn't good enough, I paired this with some angel hair pasta and garlic bread and thickened the red curry sauce to top off the pasta.  Delicious? Gourmet? Quick?  You've got it! 
 
Simply a Southern Crumbs' Fancy Summer Bite!
 
Questions or comments, leave it, for now I'll be busy drinking my Homemade Mint Honey Green Tea!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment