Sunday, March 23, 2014

#End of the Struggle Plate

Hello again!  So I know, I know, it's not nice to assume that the whole world can cook.  Everyone has their talents.  Although I am new to this whole "social media" thing, what I'm not new too is my friends sending me screen shots of "struggle plates."





Please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.  Those folks out there on Facebook and Instagram talking about "My mom puts it down in the kitchen," or "Look at what my girl made for her man." 

Then comes the struggle:

1) I'm struggling to understand what I'm looking at.
2) I'm struggling to determine who told you this was even acceptable to post on any social media site.
3) I'm struggling to understand how you even think this person really cares about you.  (We all have
    heard the saying friends don't let friends drive drunk.  Well boom
   #friendsdon'tletfriendpoststrugglemeals).
4) I'm struggling to figure out how you kept this down.

As you can see I'm #justdone lol.  So in my head I said I'm done with this.  I'm going on a personal campaign...anytime I see a struggle meal posted, I'm going to recreate the meal the way it should have been to begin with.  And its not me being cocky folks.  When I needed help in any topic in college or as a professional I got the help I needed.

So please everyone help me with this campaign so to speak.  Let's put an end to the struggle plates!

Every time you cook something and you know it doesn't hit any of the above descriptions, take a picture and include the hash tag #endofthestruggleplate.

The world needs our help...so let's get to work!

Remindar: Sunday Dinner post tonight @Southerncrumbs.

1 comment:

  1. This post is too funny. I hate seeing pictures of nasty food on social media!

    ReplyDelete