Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spicy Crab Bisque

Let's jump right in. This recipe was inspired by my first experience having bisque at my company's cafeteria. I know, I know what you must be thinking, but they actually have really good food. I couldn't wait to recreate this, so I tried it at a New Year's Eve Family gathering at my home and it was major hit!  So much of a hit that when I was called upon to create a menu for my bestie's bridal shower it most def made the cut. And it was a hit again!  To create elegance we served the bisque out of little dessert glasses and added a little cracker.

And what better to pair with this delicious rich bisque than a little sweet fruit infused wine!
My only advice to any soon-to be bride is to MAKE SURE YOU SQUEEZE THIS RECEIPE IN FOR YOUR HUBBIES. THEY ARE SURE TO LOVE IT!











Spicy Crab Bisque

*2 boxes of cream of tomato soup
*Heavy cream
*Chicken broth
*1 can jumbo lump crab meat
*Minced garlic
*Onions
*Olive oil
*Old Bay Seasoning
*Salt
*Pepper
*Cayenne pepper
*Chili powder
*Basil
*Oregano
*3 bay leaves

Directions: Sautee the garlic and onion in a bit of olive oil.  Add the two boxes of tomato soup and let it heat up.  Add in the crab meat and let that come to a light boil.  Add in all the seasonings to taste.  Top off with a little bit of heavy cream.  This should lighten the color of the bisque a bit but nothing extreme.



No comments:

Post a Comment