Monday, April 14, 2014

Soulful Sundays: Cornish Hens Stuffed with Cornbread Dressing w/ Sauteed Green Beeans & Wild Rice


Wow is it Sunday again?  I've missed you.  Typically I try to decide early in the week what exactly it is that I want to be able to share with you guys.  I think very long and hard about the different recipes, what meats have I already used, what will be my techniques, how will I plate...long story short a lot of preparation goes into the planning of the posts.

Life happens to must of us, and for me I'm working full time as a Financial Analyst at a new company and I'm in a MBA program so yeah, PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL!  But I'm dedicated to this.  I am passionate about cooking and I've always just wanted an outlet to share it with the world.  And now I do! 

Comfort food or "Soul Food" is much more then just food.  Its a way for me to share my love with the people that I care about.  I take so much pride in the fact that after you have a meal that you are excited and you simply enjoyed it.  So for me this isn't like my Finance homework, I can be burnt out and I will ALWAYS make time for my post.

Ok, ok, enough on my Ode to food and Southerncrumbs blog lol.  Let's jump into this meal.   Now I have become known for my stuffed Cornish hens.  And not to toot my own horn but they are really delish!  I will be sharing all parts of the recipe BUT the stuffing...but I don't know maybe one day I will, you have to keep reading to find out.

Also for the wild rice, any brand can work, but I used Carolina.

With all this long windedness, let's go.

Cornish Hens Stuffed with Cornbread Dressing w/Sautéed Green Beans and Wild Rice

-2 Cornish hens
-a heap of minced garlic in jar
-vegetable oil
-awry's Seasoning Salt
-Garlic Powder
-Onion Powder
-Black Pepper
-Paprika
-Stuffing of Choice

Put a heap of the minded garlic in a bowl and then bowl a bit of vegetable oil into the same bowl.  In a glass or roasting dish take washed Cornish hens and rub with the garlic and oil mixture.  Then take all the above seasonings and open up the hens and season the inside.  Then seasoning hens on both sides.  After take stuffing and stuff inside of the Cornish hens.  Oven should be preheated to 350.  You should bake for about an hour and a half with the foil on to seal in moisture.  Then bake for an additional 20 -30 mins until the hens have a good color on it.

String Beans

-bag of fresh string beans
-salt
-pepper
-minced garlic
-olive oil
-water

After string bean ends are removed and the beans are washed, put in a large skillet with a bit of water to steam them down a bit.  Then add in a bit of olive oil and minced garlic.  Use above seasonings to taste.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm so glad that you enjoy I have started same blog different platform. Hop over to southerncrumbscatering.com for the new blog. Happy reading 😀

    ReplyDelete